Wednesday 10 August 2011

Amazon Kindle edition

Finally, Blood Passage is available in e-book format for the Kindle through Amazon's own website. You can find it at http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Passage-Donaghue-Stainer-ebook/dp/B005GRAK5M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1313027360&sr=1-1.

I admit that I'm feeling my way along here and teaching myself as I go, and this is a good example. I published the e-book version of the novel through Smashwords on July 11, 2011. It took a couple of weeks for it to get processed into their premium catalogue for distribution to Apple, Sony, B&N, Kobo et al. Amazon is listed there as well but it took me a while to figure out that the two rivals are not playing well together at the moment. I dithered and dithered, hoping it would get shipped, then finally realized I'd have to take it to Amazon myself. A bit of research confirmed for me that other authors are doing the same thing, so this afternoon I got on the job. Six hours later it was available on their website at the above link.

I have to say that I find this whole e-book thing really impressive. Now I have to get busy drawing some attention to the darned thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment