Monday 2 January 2012

The Fregoli Delusion: Progress Report #3

I sincerely hope that everyone enjoyed a happy and safe holiday season. Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2012!

In keeping with my promise to update readers on the progress of The Fregoli Delusion, the third in the Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel series, I should tell you that I spent less time at the keyboard the last few days than I'd wished, but just the same the manuscript has moved forward. I completed Chapter 5 as planned. I've moved on to Chapter 6, which is going to be a tougher nut to crack. For some reason, I had a little difficulty with this chapter when I was outlining it, perhaps because it has a level of technical detail, in terms of police procedure, that's slowing me down a bit. In the last two days I've only produced five pages, but within those five pages there is a fair bit of problem-solving related to the storyline, and I'm satisfied it's going in the right direction.

The two previous days, of course, were family-related days, since it was New Year's Day, and family always has first priority. Being away from the story slowed me down a bit and took me out of the early rhythm I'd developed, but the few hours I spent today bulling through a couple of pages will hopefully go a long way toward recapturing that rhythm. This is when writing is work. A book is such an up-and-down thing. The key is to remain determined. I will tell this story. Bear with me. It's coming.

2 comments:

  1. Slow progress is still progress Michael! Just ask someone who hasn't made any at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Lan. Hang in there, it'll come. m

    ReplyDelete